released in June 2011 at the Tug Hill Bluegrass Festival. The CD is dedicated to the memory of Dick's father who passed away December 22, 2010. He was a great lover of bluegrass and old country music and a wonderful artist in many ways. The songs were chosen very carefully for this CD. Dick wrote the title track, "Twilight of Day" and "For a Nickel and a Song". Songwriter Joe LaMay from Kentucky wrote "Sailor's Curse" and Adirondack songwriter Roy Hurd wrote "Wild Mountain Flower". Other songs written by some of Nashville's great songwriters round out this recording. The release includes Nathional Resonator Guitar Champion Dave Bevins on dobro and multi-instrumentalist, Nick Piccininni on mandolin. Dick Atkinson is playing banjo, Liza and Shelene Atkinson on guitar, and Laura Atkinson is playing bass on this recording. Also a few special guests to include Perry Cleveland playing mandolin and Butch Williams playing bass. All four of the Atkinsons, Richard, Shelene, Liza and Laura are singing lead and harmony vocals.
- For a Nickel and a Song-Richard Atkinson/Joe LaMay
- Banks of the Pontchartrain-Nanci Griffith
- Annabelle-Gillian Welch
- I Wish It Would Rain-Nanci Griffith
- Sailor's Curse-Joe LaMay
- Come Early Mornin'-Nicolette Larson
- The Pain of Loving You-Dolly Parton/Porter Wagoner
- Wild Mountain Flower-Roy Hurd
- In the Twilight of Day-Richard Atkinson
- Those Memories-Alan O'Bryant
- Poncho and Lefty-Townes Van Zandt
- I Can't Get You Off of My Mind-Hank Williams
- One More Dollar-Gillian Welch/David Rawlings
- White Dove-Carter Stanley
Stay tuned for more reviews!